Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Unpopular opinions: Fallout: New Vegas is awful.

I've never put much time into Fallout: New Vegas, because the game never grabbed me. A big piece of that is the world design.
When I play a Fallout game, I want to go explore a post-apocalyptic city. Not go walk in a bland desert. There's nothing to really break up desert. There's a few building, but nothing major. For the most part you are just following a road. Going to Los Vegas. And there's no real drive to keep you going. The story is "Someone tried to kill you from Los Vegas. Go find them." A lot of Fallout games have stories like that, but the world keeps me going. But this one lacks it. Although I hear the story gets better once you're in Los Vegas, that means nothing if the story isn't good enough to get you TO Los Vegas.

I don't normally feel like there should more guidance/story stuff right out of the gate of a game, but this one REALLY needs it. There's no drive to keep going. There's not enough in the world and there's not enough story to keep me going.

At some point I will play New Vegas all the way though, no matter what, it's NOT the best fallout game. They all have their failings.

No comments:

Post a Comment