Monday, June 4, 2018

HP Envy X360 (Intel i7, 2017) Review

The HP Envy X360 is a mid-high end 2-in-1 laptop, it come’s in several models, but the one I have here is one with and Intel i7 quad core, and 16 gigabyte RAM.


THE GOODS:


The Form Factor:

The HP Envy x360 is about 3/4 of an inch at thickest the thickest part, the screen is 15 inches, and the entire unit weighs around two pounds.


The Processor:

This laptop comes with a Intel i7-8550u, which runs at a clock of 1.80ghz. But despite that number, I have seen this processor run at much faster clock speeds, without even really warming up the laptop that much. As of writing this, is running at 2.87ghz and it’s just slightly warm, no where near burning, or even what I’d call hot.


The Display:

The 15 inch display runs at a full 1080p resolution and is a touch screen, with Windows ink technology so you can use a surface stylus, allowing for easy drawing or handwriting.

The Price:

Although being close to the 1000$ mark, it’s lower then most of the laptop’s I’ve found with these specs.


THE BADS:

The Fan:

In my experience, HP fans have had a tendency to start making a buzzing sound, and isn’t an exception. So if you decided to get this laptop, make sure you can deal with some light buzzing from the fan.

The Trackpad:

This laptop doesn’t have the worst trackpad I’ve ever used by far. But it’s still not good, I have found that the cursor will jump around sometimes when you touch the trackpad.


The Verdict:

The HP Envy x360 is a very solid laptop, that I whole heartily recommend. This is my main laptop currently, and I have no problem with it, it’s fast and snapping even when I’m doing heavy computer using. And the 1080p, Windows Ink touchscreen is great for doing just random doodles.

Rating: 8/10

Well built and powerful laptop with a decent price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment